An objective performance assessment
At the beginning of 2011, we decided to embark on a plan to modernise the professional management of the city council.
The main objective was to be able to assess the level of individual and collective performance and to adjust resources to the real needs of the council.
We quickly realised that we lacked performance indicators, reliable and exhaustive usage metrics of the IT systems, and to know to what extent the uses were aligned with the needs and objectives of the City Council.
We were looking for a solution that would allow us to understand working patterns, identify the main areas for improvement and provide an objective basis for deciding what actions to prioritise and implement.
We chose EffiWork because it was the product that best met our needs:
- Automatically collect data avoiding lengthy manual reporting processes.
- Guarantee people’s privacy and offer them a tool for self-management of their time.
- To have a system for monitoring our network.
- Knowing the use of our Internet access and the degree of use of technological devices.
- To have an inventory of the use and exploitation of the applications in real time, so that we could capture information on the use of the systems in an efficient and transparent way.
- Integrate other external platforms to complement metrics and facilitate management.
- Having a tool that is easy to deploy and with a pay-per-use model fits perfectly with our IT strategy.
- En mayo 2011 se inició la implementación de EffiWork en más de 1.500 puestos de trabajo que utilizan habitualmente el ordenador.
The deployment of EffiWork on all of the organisation’s devices was carried out in phases and in a very controlled manner. In spite of the fact that the fleet of devices was very heterogeneous and partly obsolete, the deployment process was extremely simple and without incident. With regard to the maintenance and administration of EffiWork, throughout the 3 years of operation in our organisation, we have been able to confirm its robustness and reliability, and we have not observed any incident that has affected the systems.
Once the implementation was completed, employees were given access to EffiWork data so that they could familiarise themselves with the solution and begin to study their performance data.